DCC Hope Centre
DCC Hope Centre is a community outreach programme of the Durban Christian Centre founded in 2001 by Dr. Fred Roberts. It is a registered not -for-profit organisation and is a registered Public Benefit Organisation (PBO 93 00 222 44) operating as an HIV and AIDS Wellness Centre. HOPE is an acronym, which stands for “HELP OUR PEOPLE EVERYWHERE”
Vision and Mission
To provide innovative Christian-based HIV and AIDS services bringing healing and hope to our communities by being a catalyst for the provision of holistic HIV and AIDS services. This encompasses prevention, treatment, care and support throughout the EThekwini Community Outreach Project.
DCC Hope Centre Clinic has been working in partnership with the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health and other stakeholders over the past eight years. Services provided are:
- HIV Counselling and HIV Testing
- Social and spiritual counselling
- HIV Wellness including treatment of opportunistic infections
- Referrals for antiretroviral treatment, medical care and social welfare
- Facilitate establishment of support groups for people living with HIV and AIDs
- Care and support for orphans and vulnerable children
The clinic has several outreach programmes and campaigns such as; HIV Counselling and Testing (HCT) outreach campaigns at tertiary institutions, the award winning Operation Hope medical screening campaign and HIV and Aids training.